The Black Shark’s 144Hz screen also gets plenty bright — peaking at 1,300 nits — so you can comfortably use it outdoors. It’s no surprise, but if you’re worried, check out the Black Shark Magnetic Cooler. The Black Shark 4 Pro is hefty (220g), and thicker than the average smartphone.
- Black Shark 4 is powered by an Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 870 processor.
- The details of both of these products were last updated on Apr 25, 2023.
- Imagine that a virtual button that download the stock firmware you never use is very badly placed on your screen.
- Instead, there are two mechanical triggers that are extended via sliders on the right cross side.
- The Black Shark 4 gaming phone will receive a 6.67-inch OLED screen with a resolution of 2400 x 1080 pixels, which will support a refresh rate of 144 Hz.
- The Firmware comes as a zip package which contains the original Firmware, Driver, and How-to Flash Manual.
I would have preferred a toned-down result and I wish they had included an option to lessen the effect of the bokeh. I don’t entirely feel comfortable with that level of heat while charging an electronic device, it frightens me.
- The 120W charger comes in the box with a 6A Type-C fast charging cable, which is also compatible with other Apple and Android devices that support fast charging protocol.
- Everything we did on the phone, from loading up menus to switching between apps, was fluid and smooth.
- We weren’t just playing better, we were outperforming everyone else.
- Xiaomi says this will get you a full charge in just 15 minutes.
- It does, however, get really hot when charging at full speed.
I’m firmly in the camp where I would LOVE to see more Xiaomi phones made available here in the U.S. Despite its “gaming focus” the Black Shark 4 is just the latest example of why. The phone offers an incredible value, along with solid cameras, near-flagship specs, and support for 120W fast charging. And that’s not even including the 144Hz AMOLED panel that is flat and looks fantastic. The first one, known as Constant temperature charging, adapts the charging power according to your usage pattern to preserve the health of the battery and avoid overheating. The second, Speed flash charging, allows you to recover all your battery life in 14 minutes by loading the watts without worrying about the health of your battery.
The Black Shark 4 Pro will satisfy your gaming needs and offer you a deeply extensive level of customizability. I love the click of the physical pop-up triggers and the 120W HyperCharge adds the cherry on top. As long as you can live with the mediocre cameras and the abysmal battery life, the Black Shark 4 Pro will serve you well.